A couple weeks ago, I mentioned that I’ve been on a granola kick of late. However, granola isn’t incredibly cheap. Fortunately, it turns out that it’s pretty simple to make and the ingredients aren’t that expensive. One word of caution. When you take it out, it won’t look done. That’s okay, it will cook further and harden as it cools. My first batch I put back in for another 10 minutes. Once it cooled, it had a slightly burnt flavor.
I just did a simple vanilla flavored granola because I didn’t have any nuts or dried fruit on hand. But if you do, simply add a half cup of whatever dry ingredient you want, while dropping the vanilla to 1 teaspoon.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ c. honey
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 c. rolled oats (Old-fashioned oatmeal)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together in medium sized bowl.
- Layer a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread mixture evenly.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Transfer into resealable baggie.