I am kicking myself right now. I made this last week and took some awesome photos of it. And then I deleted them without saving them to my computer. So instead, here’s an image of the original from Taco bell, the XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito:
I set out to make my own because 1)Taco Bell uses some weird mystery meat, 2)I don’t like driving across town for fast food, and 3)because I believe that I should be able to make any dish that I enjoy eating.
According to the Taco Bell website, the grilled stuffed burrito contains:
The XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito is our biggest burrito yet, STUFT full of our seasoned beef, a three cheese blend, flavorful seasoned rice, hearty beans, reduced-fat sour cream, chunky guacamole, avocado ranch and fiesta salsa, wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla.
I can do that. These did come out pretty awesome. They looked just like what you buy from Taco Bell and tasted pretty close. In my mind, they tasted better.
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ Tbsp Let's Get Cooking taco seasoning (shameless plug)
- ¼ c. rice
- ¾ c. water
- ¼ tsp adobo seasoning
- 2 large tortillas
- ¼ c. pinto beans, prepared
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp guacamole
- 2 Tbsp ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- ¼ c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Brown beef. Drain and mix in taco seasoning with ¼ c. water. Simmer over low heat until water is evaporated.
- While beef is cooking, mix rice, remaining water, and adobo seasoning in small saucepan. Cook according to directions on package.
- Warm tortillas to make pliable. Spoon half of beef into center of each tortilla. Top with half of rice, and half of each of remaining ingredients.
- Tuck sides of tortillas in and roll into a burrito shape.
- Place burrito on warmed George Foreman grill for 5 minutes.
- New Taco Bell thing emerges (tedquarters.net)
- Taco Bell’s Latest Crazy Food Idea Is To Put Nachos Inside A Burrito (businessinsider.com)
- Dear Taco Bell (mattdantodd.wordpress.com)
- Why Taco Bell Can Say ‘Thank You For Suing Us’ (foodservicewarehouse.com)