Friday night, I couldn’t decide between my fat-free tuna salad or a flat-bread pizza. So I decided to combine the two concepts to create a flatbread tuna melt.
I’ve been on a flatbread kick lately. My wife has an Indian friend who introduced us to the traditional Indian flatbread, naan. We buy ours in the store, but I like it as much as other common flatbreads like pitas and tortillas.
For the tuna melt, I obviously dropped the pizza sauce. Since I had the tuna salad already made, it took me only 1 minute to prepare.
- 1 piece naan
- ½ c. tuna salad
- ¼ c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place flan on baking sheet. Spread tuna salad nearly edge to edge.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes until flatbread starts to crisp.
- Quest for a very specific tuna melt (timesunion.com)
- A new take on Tuna Melts (busyomahamom.com)
- Recipe: White Albacore Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados (mtwentysix.wordpress.com)
- Avocado Tuna Melts (applebutterharmony.wordpress.com)